Virtual face-to-face support sessions coming to DALE!
DALE now offers regular virtual face-to-face sessions. Read on for more details and to register.
As we collectively face the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, DALE has proven itself the be a helpful online space for likeminded men. The DALE community continues to be able to connect at a time when we’ve been feeling more isolated than ever.
DALE’s weekly live chats continue to run with an increasing numbers of participants, but we understand some of you would prefer to speak in a face-to-face support group setting. While we unfortunately can’t offer that with the restrictions that we face, we have developed a virtual online face-to-face support group that we will be running every week starting Tuesday the 27th of October at 8:00pm AEDT.
These support groups will be offered through ‘Zoom’ and will be facilitated by our trained peer moderators. These are the same guys that have been chatting to many of you in the weekly live chats!
Keep in mind:
- Zoom is a free video-chat service that can be downloaded either from the App Store or Google Play for your phone or tablet. It can also be run on a desktop computer after signing up.
- Pre-registration is required for the support groups, but you can be anonymous during the chat session. It will require your email to send you the invite link for the support group session, but this is not shared anywhere else.
- We ask that you enter a display name. This can just your first name or you can choose a fake name if you like.
- You may leave your video camera off. You are encouraged to turn it on only if you feel comfortable doing so.
- During the chat session, we ask that you remain on mute unless you are speaking just to avoid any background noise. At the start of the session, the chat facilitator will quickly explain how to mute and unmute yourself.
- The facilitators will always have their video camera on. They will help generate discussion on a broad range of topics. Plus, they will be happy to discuss whatever is on your mind.
- The facilitators will also be happy to assist you in how to use Zoom in case you are new to the platform, just ask!
- There is also a chat function available in Zoom if you’d like to ask or say something discreetly to the facilitator.
The registration link is below for the first weekly zoom virtual support group to be held on Tuesday the 27th of October at 8:00pm AEDT. Please register ahead of time.
Click here to register.
To view all future virtual face-to-face sessions and register, click here. These will be updated every few weeks.